Food & Drink
People Are Making Creamy Biscoff Eclairs And They Look Delicious
follow us on
It feels like it’s been a little while since we brought you any Biscoff news, but don’t worry, we’re back with a belter!
Inspired by the absolute classic of the confectionary world - the cream-filled eclair - this version sees the traditional chocolate topping replaced with that caramelised biscuit deliciousness…
Spotted on the wonderful cake and dessert page of @sugarliciousdesign, it wasn’t long before word got around and they started popping up all over Instagram.
Made using a classic choux pastry (which is actually so much easier than it sounds) all you’ve got to do after that is whip up your Biscoffy creamy filling and your good to go!
Check out the recipe below, but make sure you’ve got a piping bag and nozzle to hand before you get cracking as you’ll definitely need them.
For the pastry:
50g salted butter
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp water
For the filling:
200ml double cream
6 tsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
Sprinkle of icing sugar
1. To make the pastry, add the water, milk, butter and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove the pan and add the flour. Mix until smooth and return to simmer on a medium heat for one minute, continuously stirring.
3. After a minute, remove from the heat and add the eggs, mixing quickly. You want a smooth consistency - but not too thin.
4. Add the mixture to a piping bag and allow it to cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, line your baking tray.
5. After a few minutes, pipe the mixture onto the tray. Each eclair should be around six to seven inches long.
6. Bake in the oven for half an hour before leaving to cool. Be careful not to overcook!
7. Make your vanilla cream filling by whipping the ingredients together until thick.
8. Next - and once they are completely cooled - carefully slice each eclair lengthways and pipe in the vanilla cream.
9. For the Biscoff topping, melt Biscoff spread in the microwave or over a pan of water. Dip in each eclair and allow to cool.
10. Crush a handful of your Biscoff biscuits before adding to each eclair. Dust with icing sugar and top with a full biscuit. Enjoy!
TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech, travel and everything in between.
In store and online, TOTUM puts all the best student coupons, vouchers and discounts right where you want them - in your pocket.